Friday, December 28, 2012

The First, And Somewhat Less Epic, Tale...

Well, I figure I spend (waste) far to much time online doing "super exciting" things like checking Facebook and Flotrack, so, knowing that I'm not going to be able to just stop wasting time online (I have serious time management issues) I decided to try and channel the time I spend online in some way that might be more productive. Hopefully someone will enjoy reading my blog and will be able to benefit in some way, whether it be from laughing at my ridiculous posts, or the unlikely chance of something I say being humorous, or maybe even learning something from my experiences, success, and failures. I have also been thinking lately that I really do enjoy writing, despite the extremely unenjoyable experience I had in English 2020 at Utah Valley University last semester, I actually do like to write. So, since I consider myself an "academic man of considerable learning" I am obviously quite cable of seeing the educational value of "blogging". Basically, I am just hoping to improve my writing skills through this blog. And lastly, and somewhat "embarrassedly", I must admit, I am a copycat sometimes, lots of my friends have recently started blogs which largely, and probably more correctly, almost completely, influenced my decision to start this blog. So here goes! I hope to keep this blog at least somewhat up-to-date and mostly legible, as I don't always have the best grammar and somehow can't seem to make spell check work.

TLDR: I'm starting this blog in hopes of improving my writing skills, creating something more worthwhile than my Facebook page, and because I've been "inspired" by my many friend who have recently started blogs themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment